FHF - Purchase with confidence and Worldwide Delivery. Thousands of satisfied customers, difficult to find watch parts, tools and watches.Learn More About the Company:
FHF stands for Fabrique d'Horlogerie de Fontainemelon, which was a Swiss watch movement manufacturer with a significant history in the watchmaking industry. The company was founded in 1793 in Fontainemelon, Switzerland, and was known for producing high-quality mechanical watch movements.
Key points about FHF:
1. Watch Movements: FHF specialized in the production of mechanical watch movements, including manual-winding and automatic (self-winding) movements.
2. Ebauches and Complete Movements: FHF produced ebauches (partially completed movements) that were later finished and assembled by other watch manufacturers. They also created complete movements used in watches under their own brand name.
3. Heritage and Contributions: FHF was one of the oldest and most prominent Swiss movement manufacturers during its heyday. Many of its movements were used in timepieces produced by various watch brands.
4. Integration into ETA: Over time, FHF faced financial challenges, and in the 1980s, it was integrated into the ETA (Ebauches SA) movement conglomerate. ETA is a subsidiary of the Swatch Group, one of the world's largest watchmaking conglomerates.
5. Phasing Out: As part of the integration into ETA, the FHF name was gradually phased out, and its movements were rebranded under ETA.
6. Collectible Movements: Vintage watches powered by FHF movements have become collectible among watch enthusiasts and collectors who appreciate the historical significance and craftsmanship of these Swiss-made movements.
7. Influence on Watchmaking: FHF movements have played a significant role in the watchmaking industry, contributing to the development and standardization of movement calibers used by various watch manufacturers.