Felsa - Buy with confidence and Worldwide Delivery. Thousands of happy customers, difficult to find watch parts, tools and watches.
Information about the Company:
Felsa is a Swiss watch movement manufacturer with a long history in the watchmaking industry. The company was founded in 1927 in Grenchen, Switzerland, and has since become known for producing high-quality watch movements that have been used by various watch brands.
Key points about Felsa:
1. Watch Movements: Felsa specializes in the production of mechanical watch movements, including both manual-winding and automatic (self-winding) movements.
2. Ebauches and Complete Movements: Felsa has produced ebauches (partially completed movements) that were finished and assembled by other watch manufacturers, as well as complete movements that were used in watches under their own brand name.
3. Historical Significance: During the mid-20th century, Felsa was a significant player in the Swiss watch industry, producing a wide range of movements for various watch brands.
4. Acquired by ETA: In the late 1960s, Felsa faced financial challenges and was eventually acquired by the Swiss watch movement conglomerate ETA (Ebauches SA). After the acquisition, the Felsa name was gradually phased out, and some of its movements were integrated into the ETA lineup.
5. Collectible Movements: Vintage watches powered by Felsa movements have become collectible among watch enthusiasts and collectors who appreciate the historical significance and craftsmanship of these Swiss-made movements.
6. Heritage: While the Felsa name is not as prevalent today, the legacy of the brand lives on in vintage timepieces that were powered by Felsa movements.
It's important to note that the watch industry has evolved over the years, and movements from various historical manufacturers like Felsa have been used in vintage timepieces. Collectors and enthusiasts often appreciate the history and craftsmanship of these older movements, which contribute to the appeal of vintage watches.